Steering Committee Meeting March 2022
This webpage includes information for the March 2022 Labs That Work… For Everyone HHMI Steering Committee meeting.
The agenda covers three main topics (LTW Investigator Content Support, Investigator Professional Development, and LTW Lab Member Time Commitments), each with documents and discussion questions associated with them. Please direct any questions about the content or any issues with loading documents to the site administrator.
The HHMI LTW narrative film, A Tale of Two Labs, is now available as a complete film. In advance of the meeting, we invite you to review the film and to sample the associated professional development logbook (posted below), or within episodes on the review website. The movie has a classic three-act dramatic structure, where the first act sets up problems, the second explores their development as they get worse, and the third act explores resolutions.
If you have limited time to review, we recommend the background documents for the discussion topics and sampling a scene from each act of the film on the review website, along with its associated logbook entry.
- Knowing what their lab members will be doing
- Resources available: facilitator guides and supporting materials
- Providing options; HHMI facilitators, either to lead discussions or to assist lab heads in preparing for discussions
- Investigator needs while their lab members are going through the LTW program online to engage and leverage investigator participation, and to use their time wisely
- Cohort structure & options for HHMI facilitators
- Differing needs for Investigators, Janelia lab leads
Explore investigator needs for their own leadership development in time-efficient ways to start to build a common knowledge base, vocabulary, concepts, and norms for HHMI labs.